How to Meet Your Opioid CME Requirements Easily
Due to the ongoing opioid crisis, many state medical boards have started requiring medical professionals to earn pain management and opioid CME hours as part of their continuing education. These new Opioid CME requirements are designed to help combat the public health epidemic.
How can you fulfill your state’s Opioid CME requirements? We have compiled some of the top pain management and opioid CME offers available.
BoardVitals Opioid Prescribing CME Activity
- Cost: Free
- 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The Opioid Prescribing Online Self-Assessment CME activity from BoardVitals is free and focuses on safe opioid prescribing, treating substance abuse, or pain management. Fulfill your requirements online, on your own time with more than 200 up-to-date evidence-based questions and cases, with rationales and detailed explanations. Earning CME has never been easier or more convenient with the option to change your answers as you go. Questions and cases have been compiled by more than 500 specialists and top faculty contributors from leading publishers and research institutions.
This activity fulfills the Opioid Prescribing, Substance Abuse, and Pain Management-Related CME state requirements found in the following states:
- Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
- Alaska State Medical Board
- Arkansas State Medical Board
- Arizona Medical Board
- Connecticut State Department of Public Health
- Delaware Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline
- Georgia Composite Medical Board
- Illinois Division of Professional Regulation - Medical Licensing Board
- Medical Licensing Board of Indiana
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners
- New Hampshire Board of Medicine
- North Carolina Medical Board
- Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
- Rhode Island Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline
- South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners
- Virginia Board of Medicine
- Washington Medical Commission
BoardVitals Pain Management CME Activity
- Cost: Free
- 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Credit(s) (Pain Management)
The Pain Management Online Self-Assessment CME Activity from BoardVitals is designed to keep medical professionals up-to-date on the latest guidelines regarding pain management and palliative care, assessing and diagnosing pain, and more. Answer more than 200 review questions and cases (and correct your answers as you go) to earn up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
This bank will fulfill the state requirement on Pain Management and Palliative Care for the following states:
- Michigan Board of Medicine
- Vermont Board of Medical Practice
- Medical Board of California
- Fulfills California-licensed physician requirement for those who must complete 12 hours on pain management and appropriate care/treatment of the terminally ill patients.
- Oregon Medical Board
Audio Digest Pain Management Collection
- Cost: $899
- Gift Card or Discount: $400
- 72 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Fulfill your Opioid CME State Requirements with the Pain Management Collection from Audio Digest. Earn up to 72 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by listening to 6 playlists filled with lectures focusing on migraines, fibromyalgia, back pain, opioid, palliative care and chronic pain. This activity offers content from leading medical topics in the industry from the wisdom of a wide array of experts. The lectures are designed to be succinct to respect your time and are available to listen from anywhere, anytime - no internet connection required.
Most CME credits remain current for more than 2 years. Purchase includes CME credit tracking and CME certification.
Pri-Med Weaning Off Chronic Opioids
- Cost: Free
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The Pri-Med Weaning Off Chronic Opioids activity is an online free course designed for practitioners who need to fulfill Opioid CME. Recorded at Pri-Med East, this digital audio reviews the signs and symptoms of withdrawal, who is likely to be at risk of withdrawal, and medications providers can use to minimize their withdrawal symptoms. Participants will learn the basics of how to wean patients off opiates, the signs, and symptoms of withdrawal, and options and techniques for transitioning patients to addiction treatment.
Oakstone Practical Review: Opioid Prescribing Practices
- Cost: $99
- Maximum of 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The Oakstone Practical Review: Opioid Prescribing Practices activity consists of a two-part audio series that examines the clinician’s role in combating the opioid epidemic. This activity covers today’s leading medical crisis and examines the practitioner’s role in fighting this epidemic.
You will hear one doctor’s personal story of loss in this audio series presented by Practical Reviews. This online audio can be listened to online anytime, anywhere.