Many Physician Assistant conferences were abruptly cancelled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As vaccinations become more prevalent and cases start to dwindle, many CME providers plan on hosting regulated and safe conferences for physician assistants (PAs) to attend in 2021 to complete their CME requirements and gain a unique and fulfilling learning experience.
Physician assistants often attend CME conferences because they provide the opportunity to earn CME, network with their peers, learn about new advancements in their respective fields from industry leaders, all while enjoying time at a vacation destination away from their hectic day-to-day life.
Below we have identified the top 3 physician assistant CME conferences to help PAs find a conference to attend in 2021 that will best meet their needs and complete their physician assistant CME requirements.
Skin, Bones, Hearts, & Private Parts
Skin, Bones, Hearts & Private Parts physician assistant CME conferences focus on unique and modern approaches to earning CE credits by creating an intimate and interactive setting for PAs. Attendees will learn new skills and stay up to date with the latest studies and innovations while networking with other physician assistants and medical industry peers across the country. These conferences explore best practices and new research in
- Cardiology & Emergency Medicine
- Women’s Health.
The conferences will feature expert guest speakers share who will share their knowledge in the medical field. By attending these sessions, PAs can earn up to 28.5 AAPA Category 1 Credits™. After earning these credits, physician assistants should be better able to apply new and emerging therapy options for several body systems and treatment modalities, discuss a variety of topics in a more concentrated and precise manner, reviews strategies to help busy clinicians, and use new clinical guidelines to effectively treat patients.
Another benefit of attending Skin, Bones, Hearts & Private Parts is that they take place in beautiful and relaxing settings like Destin, FL, Myrtle Beach, SC, and Orlando, FL. Below are a list of dates of upcoming conferences and locations from Skin, Bones, Hearts, & Private Parts:
- Destin, FL – June 8-11
- Myrtle Beach, SC – July 26-29
- Virginia Beach, VA – August 10-13
- Chicago, IL – August 31 – September 3
- Pensacola Beach, FL – September 14-17
- San Antonio, TX – October 5-8
- Orlando, FL – October 25-28
- Atlanta, GA – November 2-5
- Las Vegas, NV – November 16-19
Georgia Association of Physician Assistants 2021 Summer CME Conference
The Georgia Association of Physician Assistant 2021 Summer CME conference will be held from July 12 – 16, 2021 and is ideal for those looking to earn a high number of CME credits by attending a live event. Attendees can earn up to 51 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™ by attending the conference in-person at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa at Hilton Head Island, SC, or virtually. They will also have the opportunity to earn 43 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™ with the purchase of optional workshops available at the conference.
The conference will feature a deep-dive into the following topics:
- Women’s Health
- Urgent Care
- Mental Health and Addiction
Some of the optional workshops, which can earn attendees extra AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™, include:
- Urgent Care Skills Bootcamp – four-hour boot camp covering the many skills for conditions encountered in an urgent care setting.
- Orthopedic Skills Bootcamp – A boot camp consisting of several stations for hands-on practice covering a variety of orthopedic procedures.
- Board Review - A complimentary ($399 value) 8-hour board review to help attendees prepare for their certification exam.
- Learning EKGs and the Unstable Patient - Consisting of several case studies where participants will provide an initial assessment, discuss diagnoses, determine what additional information is needed, and establish a bedside management plan for the patient.
- ACLS/BLS (Virtual) - This course the key changes in advanced cardiac life support, reflecting the most recent AHA guidelines.
- PALS/BCLS (Virtual) - This course covers key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting new science from the most recent AHA guidelines.
The prices to attend this conference varies depending on whether you are purchasing a one-day pass or full pass, are a retiree or military, or are a member or student. Prices range from $50 to $895.
By attending this year’s conference, attendees are also rewarded a 50% discount on GAPA GO on-demand offerings.
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) 2021 – Virtual Conference
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) 2021 Virtual Conference is ideal for PAs still hesitant on attending an in-person conference but want the networking and teachings associated with PA conferences.
This engaging conference gives physician assistants the opportunity to gather the tools they need to shape their careers and map out their futures. PAs can earn 10.75 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™ between May 23-26, 2021 by attending the live CME sessions. Registrants will also be given full access to Conference on Demand 2021, which provides an additional 150+ AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™ upon completion.
Registration will cost $545 for AAPA members, $165 for students, $945 for nonmembers, and $245 for student nonmembers. Some highlights of this conference include:
- Fitness classes with pre-recorded sessions teaching cardio kickboxing and yoga
- Mindfulness Lounge™ event held by Lee Papa, promoting mindfulness and being calm during these tough times
- Assembly of Representatives (AOR) Meeting
- Satellite Symposia – non-commercial scientific sessions carrying AAPA Category 1 CME Credits™ supported by members of the healthcare community.
- Party for a Purpose: PAs Got Talent! - a virtual talent competition and celebration for PAs
Looking for more CME conferences? Check out our 2021 CME Conference Awards.