Oakstone CME NYU Comprehensive Review of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Cost: $1095View Offer chevron_right
PM&R CME from the Experts
NYU Comprehensive Review of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a broad review of clinically relevant continuing medical education topics in physical medicine and rehabilitation. This expert-led online CME course includes case-based lectures on topics like rehabilitation of children with spina bifida and cerebral palsy, interventional pain procedures, cardiac rehabilitation, traumatic spinal cord injury, sports injuries, and more. You’ll gain valuable knowledge on core topics, including:
- Evidence-based techniques for electrodiagnostic tests
- Diagnostic strategies for traumatic brain injury
- Diagnosis and management of the concussed athlete
- Botulinum toxin injection and ITB pump implant techniques for spasticity management
- Clinical guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders
- Limitations and capabilities of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnosis and intervention
- Regulatory changes in PM&R
At the conclusion of this CME activity, you will be better able to:
- Incorporate evidence-based techniques for performing electrodiagnostic tests into practice.
- Incorporate a diagnostic strategy for traumatic brain injury, based on awareness of high incidence. Apply traditional physiatric care regarding traumatic brain injury for assessment and treatment of the concussed athlete.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diagnosis and management of the concussed athlete.
- Demonstrate correct injection and implanting techniques when treating spasticity management with botulinum toxin or use of an intrathecal baclofen (ITB) pump.
- Incorporate best evidence-based clinical guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of Musculoskeletal Disorders. Evaluate limitations and capabilities of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Incorporate the regulatory changes in PM&R and options for MOC lecture and discussion.
- Senior PM&R resident physicians preparing for Part I (Written) of the Board Certification Examination
- PM&R physicians in their first year of practice preparing for Part II (Oral) of the Board Certification Examination
- Practicing PM&R physicians seeking continuing medical education and knowledge update
- Practicing PM&R physicians preparing for their ABPM&R Maintenance of Certification Examination