Sleep Medicine for the Primary Care Physician: Oakstone Primary Care Series – Clinical Update
Cost: $495$396View Offer chevron_right
Topics covered by Sleep Medicine for the Primary Care Physician include:
Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Narcolepsy, Idiopathic Hypersomnia, Circadian Rhythm Disorders, Jet Lag, NREM Parasomnias, REM Sleep Disorders and many others.
Upon completion of Sleep Medicine for the Primary Care Physician, you will be able to:
• Describe the best clinical approach to a patient with a known or suspected sleep disorder
• Differentiate between restless leg syndrome and other movement disorders in sleep
• Analyze the causes of and treatment approaches to sleep apnea
• Explain how circadian rhythm works and how best to manage jet lag
Contrast sleep disorders specific to older patients as compared to younger adults
• Compare sleep problems in children with sleep problems in adults
• Classify REM and NREM sleep disorders
• Diagnose sleep disorders amid comorbid medical disorders
• Outline sleep disorders that occur concomitantly with psychiatric disorders
Internists, Family Physicians, Geriatricians, Pediatricians, Obstetricians/Gynecologists (who act as primary care providers), Residents in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Obstetrics & Gynecology, Physician Assistants in Primary Care practices and Nurse Practitioners in Primary Care practices.