Risk Management Pathology CME Rounds – MedRisk
Cost: $75View Offer chevron_right
Risk Management Pathology CME Rounds is designed for pathologists who want a solid overview of risk management techniques and patient safety issues unique to the practice of pathology.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the major medical misadventures and associated issues that most commonly underlie medical malpractice suits against pathologists.
• Discuss how better communication with the referring doctor can reduce medical errors, improve patient care, and reduce lawsuits.
• Understand how the courts define a physician’s duty in a variety of situations common to the practice of pathology.
• Discuss how to avoid communication errors with referring doctors.
• Understand how medical record documentation and maintenance affects patient care and medical liability.
• Discuss the legal duties and risks of testifying as an expert witness.
Target Audience: Pathologists