Penn Radiology’s Comprehensive Neuroradiology: Optimal Care
Over twenty globally renowned experts from Penn Medicine provide an extremely detailed analysis of all major areas of neuroradiology. Comprehensive Neuroradiology: Optimal Care will benefit imagers, neurologists and neurosurgeons of all experience levels, as the myriad facets of this evolving topic are addressed. Worth 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, which can be used to meet SA-CME requirements for Maintenance of Certification.
Credit Hours: 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ meets SA-CME requirements to maintain certification.
Practical anatomy, brain tumors, infections and inflammation, neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the brain, spine, head and neck, functional MRI, vascular malformations and lesions, acute stroke, trauma, spine, pediatrics, next generation imaging and much more.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss the practical neuroanatomy of the brain, spine, head and neck
- Discuss the MR and CT appearance of abnormalities in the brain, spine, head and neck
- Identify arterial and venous cerebral infarction
- Describe the imaging appearance of pathology affecting the paranasal sinuses, aerodigestive tract, sellar and parasellar region
- Explain how to utilize Ultrasound and CT in the evaluation of the thyroid nodules
- Review the updated guidelines for recommending fine-needle aspiration, molecular testing and follow up imaging of thyroid nodules
- Discuss the fundamentals of interpretation of adult and pediatric neuroimaging in the emergency department
- Summarize state-of-the-art concepts of stroke imaging and review common stroke mimics
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of radiologists, neurologists and neurosurgeons who utilize imaging in the treatment of their patients.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 11/20/19
CME Expiration: 11/19/22
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Global Education Group and Meetings By Mail. Global Education Group is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring material includes 26.75 hours MR, 17.75 hours CT, 2.5 hours Nuclear Medicine and 1 hour Ultrasound. Several presentations concern multiple modalities.
All credits for this enduring material are applicable toward Self Assessment CME requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC).