Parkinson’s Disease: Optimizing Pharmacotherapeutic Management Strategies
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
This free online CME activity provides insights into Parkinson’s disease (PD) and will help improve treatment amongst patients suffering from the disease.
Topics covered in this course include:
- PD Epidemiology
- PD Clinical features, presentation (motor symptoms), pathophysiology, risk factors (e.g., Gaucher’s disease, differential diagnosis and disease progression
- PD Patient Cases
- Treatment of PD
After completing this course, you will better be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of PD and outline current and evolving diagnostic criteria
- Describe the challenges associated with the diagnosis of PD
- Identify the treatment modalities currently available for management of PD and its complications and apply them to patient cases using evidence-based medicine
- List emerging pharmacologic therapies for the treatment of PD
- Describe the impact of medication adherence on patient outcomes and formulate strategies to improve adherence in patients with PD
Target Audience: Neurologists and primary care physicians; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists who practice in neurology; and any other healthcare professionals with an interest in or who clinically encounter patients with PD.