Opioid Prescribing Practices: Practical Reviews Clinical Update
Cost: $99$84View Offer chevron_right
Opioid Prescribing Practices is a two-part audio series examining the clinician’s role in combating an opioid epidemic that grips our country.
PART 1 is Managing Opioid Therapy in High-Risk Patients
PART 2 is The Opioid Epidemic
Upon completion of Opioid Prescribing Practices, you will be able to:
• Define the terms ‘pain’ and “chronic pain.”
• Provide examples of potential high-risk patients for opioid misuse.
• Describe how a health care provider might assess a patient’s chronic pain and measure the outcomes after initiating treatment.
• List at least five non-opioid drugs that may offer first-line therapy for non-cancer-related pain management.
• Summarize the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines that pertain to proper prescribing practice for pain medications.
• State whether the incidence of providers actually losing their license or having any legal action taken against them regarding opioid prescribing practices is large or small.
• Describe Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs and discuss their use in the prescribing of opioid medications.
• And much more.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Dentists, and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.