NursingCE Forensic Evidence Collection for Sexual Assault Victims (Texas) Course
Cost: $69View Offer chevron_right
After completing this online CE course, nurses will better be able to:
- Describe the general prevalence of sexual assault violence
- Identify key principles of trauma informed approaches
- Describe patient-centered care to minimize the physical and psychological trauma to the patient of a sexualassault crime.
- Recognize the definition of professional roles of forensic evidence
- Describe the types of examination and reporting associated with sexual assault patients.
- Recognizing the essential steps collection and preservation of forensic evidence
- Describe chain of custody and the importance of the process
- Describe wound identification
- Describe the forensic nursing examination process using a focused, thorough and systemic approach
- Describe the risk factors, preventative factors and preventative implications
Target Audience: Registered Nurses