Male Osteoporosis Management: Advances in Pharmacotherapy
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
This free online CME program gives an in-depth look into male Osteoporosis and will help physicians treat this condition better among male patients.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Osteoperosis Epidemiology
- Osteoperosis Risk factors
- Guidance on screening criteria in men
- Osteoperosis Treatment options
After completing this program, you will better be able to:
- Apply screening criteria for male osteoporosis to a given patient
- Describe the criteria for initiation of pharmacotherapy for osteoporosis treatment and prevention and apply them to a patient case
- Identify present pharmacotherapeutic treatments for management of male osteoporosis, and describe their mechanisms of action and place in therapy
- Describe investigational pharmacotherapeutic treatments for management of male osteoporosis, and describe their mechanisms of action and likely place in therapy
- Describe the challenges associated with treating patients with male osteoporosis, focus specifically on the risks (e.g., adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, et cetera) of the agents used to treat and prevent osteoporosis and apply the information in optimizing patient care in a patient case
Target Audience: Primary care physicians and endocrinologists; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists who practice in endocrinology and internal medicine; and any other healthcare professionals with an interest in or who clinically encounter patients with male osteoporosis.