Lifestyle considerations for your HCM patient – The HCM Academy
This online learning module is designed to raise awareness for HCM and provide an understanding of the lifestyle recommendations you might make to your HCM patients to ensure long-term health and quality of life.
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
By the end of this activity, attendees will be able to:
- Recount recommendations for physical activity in hypertrophic
cardiomyopathy (HCM) patients and formulate appropriate plans for an
- Recall medications that are contraindicated for HCM patients and why
- Outline applicable occupational restrictions for HCM patients and utilize
this on an example case
- Summarize considerations for pregnant HCM patients and plan appropriate
clinical management for the duration of pregnancy
- Explain the impact of obesity on HCM disease progression and risks to the
patient and apply this knowledge to an example case
GPs, family physicians, internists, general cardiologists, nurse specialists, pediatricians, emergency physicians.