Healio HIV Management: Clinical Case Conundrums
Antiretroviral therapy has improved dramatically over the past decade. This progress has yielded more treatment choices for clinicians and patients but also adds greater complexity to the already diverse field of HIV treatment. Clinicians must keep apprised of new data regarding treatment strategies, including drug simplification and long-acting injectables, selection of appropriate individualized therapy, and effective management of treatment side effects. In this interactive, case-based program, expert faculty will provide guidance on how to incorporate new treatment strategies into clinical practice. They will also discuss various aspects of HIV management, including the selection of an initial antiretroviral regimen for a patient, treatment modification in highly treatment-experienced patients with multiple comorbidities, and treatment of HIV in pregnant patients.
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
- 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.75 contact hours of ACPE Continuing Education Credit
- 43% of activities take less than 30 minutes to complete
- The My Healio CME Dashboard keeps track of earned credits and saved activities
- Personalized recommendations make finding your next activity easy
- Over 50,000 of your colleagues know that earn credits is faster and easier with Healio CME
- Antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- HIV management
- HIV treatment
Upon successful completion of this educational activity, participants should be better able to:
- Incorporate new evidence-based guidelines for the use of antiretroviral (ARV) agents in adults and adolescents with HIV. Initiate treatment in ARV-naive patients based on individual patient needs, characteristics, preferences, and genotypic drug-resistance testing.
- Interpret recent evidence regarding the use of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in women of childbearing potential.
- Incorporate the use of switching ART regimens in patients who have experienced adverse events. Implement the most appropriate regimens in patients with HIV and comorbidities.
- Recognize the complexities of HIV management in older, highly treatment-experienced patients due to polypharmacy, drug-drug interactions, and other issues.
The intended audience for this activity is infectious disease specialists, pharmacists, and other health care professionals involved in the management of patients with human immunodeficiency virus.
Additional credit info
This continuing education activity is provided by Vindico Medical Education
This educational activity is supported by an independent educational grant from ViiV Healthcare. ViiV Healthcare was not involved in the development of content or selection of faculty for this educational activity.
Vindico Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Vindico Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Vindico Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is acceptable for 1.75 contact hours of ACPE Continuing Education Credit. The ACPE Universal Program Number is 0482-0000-20-012-H02-P, effective 11/18/2020. This is a knowledge-based activity and there is no fee to attend.
This enduring material is approved for 1 year from the date of original release, November 18, 2020, through November 17, 2021.