Glaucoma: therapeutic updates, best practices, and barriers to effective care
Cost: FreeView Offer chevron_right
This free online CME course provides insights about Glaucoma and will help physicians better treat patients suffering from the disease.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Monitoring intraocular pressure (IOP) and optimizing targets.
- Current and emerging treatment options for glaucoma.
After completing this course, you will better be able to:
- Individualize intraocular pressure targets based on known risk factors and patient-specific characteristics, and optimize assessment of intraocular pressure profiles to readily identify peaks and fluctuations
- Identify first-line pharmacotherapies, laser therapies, and glaucoma implants for lowering intraocular pressure, and select appropriate monotherapies and combination therapies for patients
- Discuss present and emerging pharmacotherapies currently in clinical development and their mechanisms of action, and apply those therapies to patient cases
- Describe barriers to care in the treatment of patients with glaucoma and what clinicians may do to aide patients in circumventing them
Ophthalmologists; physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists with an interest in ophthalmology or diseases affecting the eye; and any other healthcare professionals with an interest in or who clinically encounter patients with glaucoma.