Desert Foot 2018 Conference, Sheraton Grand Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ – Nov 7-10 , 2018
Cost: $149View Offer chevron_right
Learning Objectives of Desert Foot 2018 Conference include:
• Be able to identify and demonstrate the epidemiology and pathophysiology of lower extremity disease.
• Demonstrate the basic principles of managing skin and nail disease.
• Recall the underlying etiopathogenesis of diabetic foot ulcers and how this relates to appropriate management.
• Recognize the presenting characteristics of infections of the skin, nail, soft tissue, and bone and demonstrate their appropriate management.
• Understand current classification systems for diabetic foot ulcers and diabetic foot infections.
• Identify the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms involved in chronic wounds and with such knowledge be able to determine and utilize appropriate interventions to affect final healing.
• Recognize the ischemic and neuroischemic foot through clinical and diagnostic modalities and understand various treatment options for management.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the evidence supporting multiple advanced wound technologies that can be used to expedite chronic wound healing.
• Identify the role of surgical interventions in the management of High Risk lower extremity disorders.
Location: 340 North 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Podiatrists, VA, DOD, HIS and PHS Healthcare Professionals