Dermatology for Primary Care
Cost: $595View Offer chevron_right
Key Topics in Dermatology CME
The Dermatology for Primary Care online CME course offers a broader approach to treating patients with dermatology needs on an ongoing basis, stressing practical problem-solving and disease management.
Course director Adam Friedman, MD, focuses on total patient care — from diagnosis of common skin conditions and lesions, to developing a treatment plan and establishing skin care management. This Oakstone dermatology CME will help you to:
- Define fundamentals of the dermatologic exam, using real-patient photography to illustrate skin conditions from common acne and eczema to melanoma and other skin cancers
- Pull from real-patient examples to demonstrate common patterns of presentation
- Discuss how to approach patients who don’t improve and what adjustments to make when conditions change
After viewing this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss their scope of knowledge of basic and clinical dermatological science
- Recognize areas of weakness in their knowledge of dermatology to achieve improvements
- Evaluate and diagnose common dermatology entities
- Identify which dermatologic presentations require external referrals
- Express commitment to lifelong learning and self-assessment
This educational activity was designed for internists, family medicine physicians, nurse practitioners, and medical residents.