Oakstone CME Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry
Cost: $695View Offer chevron_right
Key Topics in Geriatric Psychiatry CME
The Comprehensive Review of Geriatric Psychiatry highlights the best practice guidelines for the management of various psychiatric disorders along with the latest developments in the field.
With Rajesh R. Tampi, MD, MS, DFAPA as course director, this online CME course covers lectures on topics like mood disorders, schizophrenia spectrum, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, ethical and legal issues in geriatric psychiatry, sexual dysfunction and sleep-wake disorders, movement disorders, and more.
The course covers wide-ranging topics in geriatric psychiatry to help you to:
- Outline and practice evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Attain the latest knowledge on psychopathology, diagnostic workups and treatments for specific psychiatric diseases
- Integrate current guidelines into daily practice to provide best care to the patients and avoid undesirable sequelae, such as excess disability, premature nursing home placement, vulnerability to elder abuse and geriatric self-neglect
- Effectively prepare for ABPN certification and recertification subspecialty examinations in geriatric psychiatry
- Outline evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Practice evidence-based care for older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Translate information learned from this program to achieve higher pass rates on the Certification and Recertification subspecialty examinations in Geriatric Psychiatry from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatrists taking the ABPN Certification and Recertification subspecialty exam in Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychiatrists in practice with older adults as patients, Psychiatry Residents, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellows, Geriatricians, Internists, Family Physicians, and Nurse Practitioners with older adults as patients.