Cleveland Clinic’s Fundamental to Advanced Echocardiography
Physicians and Sonographers can meet their Echocardiography Lab CME requirements by completing this all new Cleveland Clinic activity, and obtain ABIM MOC points, as well. The program highlights practical issues in echocardiography, including new imaging technologies, multimodality imaging, the role of echo in clinical practice and guidance for structural heart interventions, as well as a focus on innovations. In addition to cutting edge presentations, several workshops will provide clinical guidance on echo’s optimal uses.
Credit Hours: 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 21 ABIM MOC points
From Cleveland Clinic. Up to 21 AMA PRA Category I Credits™ Fulfills Echo Lab CME Requirements for MDs and Sonographers! Accredited for 21 ABIM MOC points!
- Assessment of the Left Ventricle
- Valvular Heart Disease, 3D Echo, Strain
- Pericardial and Myocardial Disease
- Stress Echo
- Advanced Techniques
- Lab Fundamentals
- Structural Heart Disease
Following this enduring material, the participants will be able to
- Explain and apply 2D, 3D and strain methods to quantify cardiac size and function
- Discuss the challenges and limitations of the assessment of diastolic function
- Use Doppler methods to comprehend cardiac hemodynamics
- Describe the most appropriate methods for the imaging, identification and quantification of valvular heart disease
- Critically appraise new valve guidelines and assess their impact on clinical practice
- Describe the diagnostic use of echocardiography in the identification and diagnosis of pericardial disease, constriction and tamponade, dilated cardiomyopathies, hypertrophic cardiomyopathies and prosthetic valve dysfunction
- Explain techniques for performing and interpreting stress echocardiography
- List best uses of transesophageal echocardiography and point of care ultrasound
- Describe the role of echocardiography in the assessment of the competitive athlete
- Summarize the use of echocardiography in critical care
This course is designed for cardiologists, anesthesiologists, sonographers, intensive care/critical care and pain management specialists, internists, and other practicing health care professionals who desire an update on the fundamentals and advancements in echocardiography.
Additional credit info
Release Date: 11/15/17
CME Expiration: 9/30/20
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 21 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.