Reviewed by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
CME Credit Hours...24 issues (2 hours per issue) for total of 48 hours.
Awarded by....Audio-Digest Foundation.
Cost...........$399 (Audio mp3cast) or $449 (Audio CD).
Format...Online MP3 or Audio CD.
Educational material last updated...2012.
Expiration of CME credit...Three years after release.
Audio-Digest Oncology is designed to provide you with up-to-date and accurate information on areas of competency as identified by the
ABIM Medical Oncology MOC Examination Blueprint and ASCO's Core Curriculum
Outline. Topics include:
• The 37 cancer types and sites;
• Treatment regimens and methods, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapies, and biological response modifiers;
• Other treatment-related issues, including oncological emergencies, paraneoplastic syndrome, bone marrow transplantation, local therapy of metastatic cancers, and management of malignant effusions;
• Complications, including infections and other complications of treatment, effects of disease and treatment on the patient, including psychosocial and psychological issues;
• Supportive care, including pain management, hematopoietic growth factors, transfusion
therapy, nutritional support, end-of-life care, etc.
• Procedures, including chemotherapy administrations, tumor assessment, bone marrow aspiration, biopsy and interpretation;
• Geriatric oncology.