Desert Foot 2017 Conference, November 29-Dec 2 , 2017
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
When: November 29 - December 2, 2017.
Location: Sheraton Grand Phoenix.
Where: 340 North 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
Podiatry CME Credit hours: 16.
CME Credits Awarded by: New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Cost: $149 -- $99 for Alliance Partners.
Format: Live Meeting with live demonstration procedures and participant-faculty interactions
Target Audience: Podiatrists, Podiatry Students
Learning Objectives of Desert Foot 2017
• Be able to identify and demonstrate the epidemiology and pathophysiology of lower extremity disease.
• Demonstrate the basic principles of managing skin and nail disease.
• Recall the underlying etiopathogenesis of diabetic foot ulcers and how this relates to appropriate management
• Recognize the presenting characteristics of infections of the skin, nail, soft tissue, and bone and demonstrate their appropriate management.
• Understand current classification systems for diabetic foot ulcers and diabetic foot infections
• To be able to identify the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms involved in chronic wounds and with such knowledge be able to determine and utilize appropriate interventions to affect final healing.
• Recognize the ischemic and neuroischemic foot through clinical and diagnostic modalities and understand various treatment options for management.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the evidence supporting multiple advanced wound technologies that can be used expedite chronic wound healing
• Identify the role for surgical interventions in the management of High Risk lower extremity disorders