Updates in Migraine Headaches: Best practices and Emerging Therapies in Treatment and Prevention
Posted by...Bernard Sklar, MD.
Free Neurology and Pain Management CME Credit hours...1.0.
CME Credits Awarded by....ScientiaCME.
Instruction Type...Streaming Video Lecture and discussion.
Target Audiences...Healthcare professionals who are: primary care physicians, neurologists, headache specialists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, OB-GYN specialists, pharmacists, and those who otherwise commonly care for or clinically encounter patients who may experience migraine headache.
Educational material updated...July 20, 2016.
Expiration of CME credit...July 20, 2018.
Financial Support...AMGEN and Promius.
Updates in Migraine
, you will be able to:
• Describe the prevalence of migraine symptoms and the impact that these symptoms have on efficacy of anti-migraine therapy and functional status
• Describe the sometimes variable manifestations (e.g., incidence and clinical presentation) of migraine headaches, depending on age and sex
• Recall emerging therapies for the treatment and prevention of chronic migraine headache and anticipate their place in therapy
• Support team-based learning and communication between all clinicians involved with the care of patients suffering with migraines
• Given a series of patient cases, diagnosis and treat migraine headaches by employing current treatment guidelines, using evidence-based therapy algorithms, and providing individualized approaches to care